Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fodey

Hey Everyone!

So I have been playing around with the website known as 'Fodey'. It is great! I am currently in a year seven class at my prac school and I am teaching a science unit on electricity. I found that Fodey allowed me to create a great engagement tool for the kids, as they could see their own personal links to the newspaper article and therefore felt they had ownership over their learning journey. As Tweedle(1997) suggests the use of ICTs for engaging students, in particular boys, has shown to encourage students to participate, as well as focusing on independent learning and relating it to real life contexts.



As a teacher in learning, I am slowly beginning to appreciate the true value of tools such as 'Fodey' as students of today's world expect a higher level of engagement, rather then just paper and pencil.






After delivering my lesson, I was really surprised at how much the students enjoyed reading the article. They felt they had a piece of history written about them and to much of my surprise I heard about it for the rest of the day. I will definitely be using this again in the future.


Please keep checking for further posts, as there will be more to come!



Bye Kobi

No comments:

Post a Comment